Wednesday 19 August 2015

From getting more knowledge of Puppetry and how I could create a African tropical bird, I set myself the task of designing and creating the bird kites for the opening scene of the Lion King. I designed different ways in which the birds could fly or been seen as flying to the audience. I found the easiest way to achieve this by creating cut out shapes of birds, decorated with African prints and colours, which will be put onto poles much like kites. This idea worked well and I set about creating the birds with all natural materials such as willow sticks to create the shape as well as tissue paper in all different warm shades of red, yellows and oranges. the movement of the bird kites was amazing and look well together with the rest of the costumes of the cast of the Lion King.






No comments:

Post a Comment