Sunday 19 April 2015

Razzamataz Lion King: Pride Land


Razzamataz Youth Theatre has commissioned my fellow university peers and I to design and create masks, costumes and puppets for their production of Lion King: the Pride Lands. As a group we chose to look into different aspects of Lion King; including the Disney animation, traditional African Tribes and the Lion King musical on Broadway designed by Julie Taymor. 

I started collecting research including images and fabric samples to inspire my ideas and first sketches. This will be presented to the group to collaborate on ideas and suggestions. To get a general idea of what the production show would look like, I created a mood board displaying images of: traditional African prints, clothing, as well as modern day African high fashion. This led me to gain a general idea of what my designs will be using the identified colour pallet.  



No comments:

Post a Comment